WOLSELEY 6/90Classic Car
Riley introduced its Pathfinder in 1953, Wolseley followed suit in 1954 with the visually-similar 6/90. Aside from minor trim, the two cars looked one and the same. However, the Wolseley boasted two extra cylinders from its 2.6-litre six-pot C-series engine, borrowed from the Austin Westminster. This gave 90bhp as well as 90mph. The Series II of 1956 brought in semi-elliptic rear suspension and a floor-mounted gearchange, but only lasted a year before the Series III added a larger rear window and servo-assisted brakes.