RILEY RMA/RMEClassic Car
The immediate post-war Rileys continued with their traditional method of a separate chassis and ash-frame construction. 1945’s RMA was a handsome streamlined saloon, its lively twin-camshaft 1496cc engine giving effective performance while the independent front suspension meant effective handling as well. It metamorphosed into the RME in 1952, with hydraulic brakes – one of the areas where the RMA had been weak – plus a larger rear window. A year before the end of production (in 1954) wheel spats were added but the running boards were dispensed with.