Brian Fargo and his studio inXile Entertainment have begun their crowd-funding campaign for Wasteland 3 which trades in the scorching Arizona desert for chilly Colorado.
The next instalment in the dusted off Wasteland series looks mighty promising as Fargo and his studio are changing things up while keeping the core tactical RPG elements alive and well. Two of the major new features will be the role of vehicles and multiplayer.
As the Rangers have moved into the snowy Colorado state there's also a serious lack of law and order and that means it falls to the player and his posse to build the very foundations for a new Ranger Citadel and law-keeping force.
First 48 Hours Offer: All backers of Wasteland 3 ($20 or more) will receive a FREE copy of either the old-school turn-based post-apocalyptic cRPG UnderRail or the point-and-click horror adventure game STASIS. Steam Keys will be distributed after the Wasteland 3 campaign has concluded.
"You start the game as the sole survivor of Team November, a Ranger squad dispatched to the icy Colorado wastes. This is a land of buried secrets, lost technology, fearsome lunatics, and deadly factions. No one here has ever heard of the Desert Rangers. Your reputation is yours to build from scratch, and your choices may save this land or doom it. With a renewed focus on macro-reactivity, you’ll be picking between warring factions, deciding whether locations are destroyed or saved, and making other far reaching decisions that have a marked impact on the shape of your world."
Wasteland 3 Highlights:
• A party-based role-playing game, with a renewed focus on our trademark complex story reactivity and strategic combat.
• By including vehicles, environmental dangers, and a revamped, more fluid action system, we are evolving on Wasteland 2's deep tactical turn-based combat and unique encounter design.
• Play by yourself or with a friend in story-driven synchronous or asynchronous multiplayer. Choices open up (or close off) mission opportunities, areas to explore, story arcs, and lots of other content.
• Your Ranger Base is a core part of the experience. As you help the local people and establish a reputation in Colorado, quests and narrative will force you to make decisions on how to lead.
• The game will be set in the savage lands of frozen Colorado, where survival is difficult and a happy outcome is never guaranteed. Players will face difficult moral choices and make sacrifices that will change the game world.
• Wasteland 3 will feature a deep and engaging story utilizing a newly-revamped dialog tree system from the celebrated writers of Torment: Tides of Numenera.
The campaign closes November 4th with inXile looking for $2.75 million in crowd-funded cash monies. Wasteland 3 will release for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 in late 2019.
Check out the Wasteland 3 Fig Campaign to learn more and maybe even pledge, or invest.