LEA FRANCIS 14
One of the original British motor industry players, the pre-war years had been good for Lea Francis. Its competition cars had proved themselves and had earned an enviable reputation with enthusiasts. After the war, the firm concentrated on saloon car production, initially with its 14hp saloon. The 14 sat very much at the upper end of the market, and found fewer buyers than anticipated, but the addition of a 2.5-litre engine in 1949 widened appeal. Lea Francis continued with this line until 1953, then abandoned car production to concentrate on other activities.