Austin Healey 3000 MkI
The first generation of the ‘Big Healey’ arrived in 1959, when the C-series engine from the 100-Six was upgraded to three litres, for use in the new Westminster saloons. Although there was no change of styling (except new badges), the mechanical alterations – more power, a better gearbox and disc brakes on the front – were thought significant enough to merit the change of model designation. And there was the return of a 2+2 format, available alongside the two-seater roadster. The MkI continued without change until 1961.